Little Bits Base Kit:
+power bit with attachable battery
Plus these additional Bits:
+USB Power Adapter + Cable
- Connect w20cloud Bit to p3 usb power Bit
- To make things smoother, connect to a wifi hotspot.
- Light will turn from purple to green when it connects to wifi.
- To check your Bit’s connectivity, log in to littlebits.cc (To facilitate the exercise, set up all your Bits to the Internet, by creating a Little Bits account. Each student can set up his/or her own or the instructor can set up one and share the log-in info.)
- Select “Cloud Control” from the menu on the right, or follow control.littlebitscloud.cc to get to your Little Bits command center
- Select your groups Bit on the side. Feel free to run tests! Play!
- When you are ready to get your hands dirty, click on Automate, follow the link to IFTTT
- Log in and take a look around. Click the arrow next to your username and create New Applet
- Choose your “this” and choose your “that”
a. When selecting a “this” or “that” you can search for Little Bits to connect your bits. This will create “enchanted” solutions. Bits are categorized as inputs and outputs. Inputs/triggers are bits like the i3 button. Outputs are things like the 06 buzzer
b. Example: IF “I send a tweet” THEN “Little Bits output (06 buzzer) is activated.”
* Exercise developed by Bree MacMahon.